Wednesday 27 August 2014

It's A Jungle Out There!

Well,The title might sound a bit cheesy. But,yes! That was the theme of the SRCC Youth Conference held on 22nd and 23rd August 2014. And, the whole chase of attending the event,just on the first day only, justified the title completely in my case.

Yeah, I agree with the fact that big names like Jayant Sinha , Boman Irani ,Papa Cj and many more were going to be there and the crowd gathered at (what!)7:30 a.m. on the SRCC entrance,just to make through the event.
While I considered 9.15 to be quite decent enough(after registering obviously!) but they just didn't allowed us to enter. Well,I was on my peak since I missed my college and made up my mind that no-matter what, I have had to attend that. And in the awe of that moment's decision,we did a lot of crazy things that day. Sneak peeked into the principle's house to make entrance via his place,tried to convince the guard at other entrance and what not. It just went on,to such a level that I am pretty sure that they might still remember our faces.

Well, somehow we managed to enter.But, wait a second, we were just down to half the battle there.Entering the auditorium is a whole another chase. I was very disappointed with the mis-management.But,eventually when the speakers started and told about their lives and connected it with the theme. They just took over my anger and mesmerized everyone out there.

The crowd was eagerly waiting for Papa CJ and Boman Irani who were kept for the end.Amidst that, Dhruv Visvanath, a self-taught musician, who is the only Indian among ‘30 Great Guitarists Under 30’ from across the world, made his mark among the crowd.He played brilliantly and ended up by taking a selfie with audiences.The common thread which connected all the three is the passion for their work and 'down-to earth' nature.Dhruv's selfies, CJ's autographs and Boman's hugs didn't make me felt for a moment that i was surrounded by these personalities.At-least, I managed and was lucky enough to attend their sessions that day.

While CJ's satirical comment on the CBSE topper beated everything ever made on the facebook till now , Boman's 'zero-bulb-moment' inspired us a lot. On the whole, the event was greatly pulled off and we enjoyed like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment